Book a YGAM Workshop
Train the Trainer Workshops
Working with the PSHE Association and Ofqual approved awarding body ASDAN, we have developed the UK's first accredited, gambling-related harm training course and quality-assured resources. Our course and resources have been written for professionals and volunteers who support young people and adults up to the age of 25 years. To become an approved YGAM practitioner and gain complimentary access to our accredited resources you are invited to attend our one-day structured training course.
Train the Trainer Workshop
Become a YGAM approved practitioner in 2017
Do you work with young people or adults under 25 years and support them with Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE) in your school, college, community centre or university?
It is likely you deliver workshops around safe sex, responsible drinking and mental health, but do you deliver anything around the potential risks associated with problem gambling or social gaming?
Working with the PSHE Association and Ofqual approved awarding body ASDAN, we have developed the UK's first accredited, social gaming and gambling-related harm training course and quality-assured resources. Our course and resources have been written for professionals and volunteers who support young people and adults up to the age of 25 years.
To become an approved YGAM practitioner and gain complimentary access to our accredited resources you are invited to attend our one-day structured training course. When you have completed this course you will be granted access to the YGAM Academy where you will be able to download all our resources.
After you have completed the one-day training course you are eligible to receive the YGAM Approved Trainer - Introductory level certificate. Full certification is available once you have delivered ten hours of workshops or lessons to young people.
Our one-day training course will cover the following areas:
- Background on youth social gaming and gambling in the UK to increase your subject knowledge.
- Introduction and familiarisation with the accredited YGAM curriculum.
- Review existing and create tailored lesson plans or scheme of works for your organisation that you can take away and use immediately.
- Practical tips on delivering the YGAM programme as part of PSHE in the curriculum.
- Review & adopted baseline testing and measuring young people's progression for your organisation.
- Review the extensive resource material available on the YGAM Academy.
- Understand how you can offer young people ASDAN certificates to those whom participate in learning.
All the YGAM resources have been created by teachers, youth workers, young people, gambling industry leaders, health professionals and former gambling addicts. Ultimately the YGAM programme has been designed to build digital resilience among young people and raise awareness of the potential mental health and financial impacts of problem gambling & social gaming.
Facilitation will be provided by the YGAM Director of Education, Adrian Sladdin a former teacher who has worked in education his entire career and YGAM Chief Executive Lee Willows, a former gambling addict who has also worked in education and youth development for over 25 years.
Attend one-day course (5 hours structured learning) to familiarise yourself with the YGAM programme. Key learning aims:
- Understand Youth Gambling in the UK
- Understand the YGAM curriculum
- Understand baseline testing & measuring progression
- Review YGAM resources / create specific lesson plan for your educational establishment
- YGAM approved practitioner – what does this entail?
During the workshop you will be provided with your personal sign-in details for the dedicated YGAM website. Additionally, as part of the training you will be given a full tour of this website, shown where all the downloadable material is stored and be supported to create a lesson plan or scheme of work that you can use immediately with your students or young people. All of the material is offered free of charge for colleagues who attend our workshop.
At the end of the workshop, you can opt for a certificate from our awarding organisation - a small fee may be charged to cover admin and postage. YGAM will complete the paperwork and send to Ofqual approved awarding organisation ASDAN who will issue your Introductory Certificate. YGAM is proud to be an ASDAN Customised Accreditation Centre. Centre number 35981.
With your permission we would add your name and school or educational establishment to the YGAM website as we are keen to build a team of approved practitioners across the UK. Approval is not transferable between colleagues and the training covers the individual practitioner and not the educational establishment.
There is no annual renewal fee and once you are approved by us your only commitment to is inform YGAM if you move to another organisation, school or educational establishment.
- Where is the training held?
- Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes it is, once paid your ticket can be given to any college within our establishment.
- How do I contact the organiser with further questions?