What We Do
Train the Trainer workshops
YGAM delivers accredited training to teachers, youth workers, community mental health colleagues, prison & probation colleagues and community volunteers, enabling them to deliver the YGAM gambling-related harm-prevention programme. This YGAM programme and its resources have been accredited by Ofqual provider, ASDAN and quality-assured by the PSHE Association.
Peer Education projects
YGAM works in partnership with universities to train year two & three students to become YGAM peer mentors. Trained peer mentors are then employed part-time to deliver a range of gambling-related harm prevention programmes and awareness campaigns within their universities and local communities.
Through the delivery of the training workshops and education projects, a programme of research into the attitudes, thinking and behaviours of young people and gambling / social gaming will be created to establish a global research network, specifically targeting teenagers and young adults. Additionally, YGAM will work with our research partners to undertake both qualitative and quantitative research into the effectiveness and impact of the YGAM products.
What Makes YGAM Unique
YGAM delivers the UK's first accredited & quality-assured gambling awareness education programme. Our educational resources have been developed hand-in-glove with the PSHE Association and have been awarded their quality mark. To strengthen our resources further, they have also been accredited and quality- assured by ASDAN, the Ofqual-approved awarding body.
Opportunity to certificate young people's learning & participation
Over 50 lesson plans / workshop ideas available
Programme referenced to national curriculum & educational skill sets
Information around creating a safe learning environment
Information on meeting Ofsted & PSHE principles
Forms to measure progression & evaluation
Signpost information and support services for parents & young people
Peer and practitioner self-assessment forms
What YGAM can do for you
- Train and support colleagues on how to deliver our YGAM programme - providing copies of all our accredited & quality-assured resources (printed & online).
- Deliver highly-engaging YGAM workshops directly to young people around the potential financial & health risks associated with problem gambling and how to stay safe.
- Participate in your event with a YGAM education pop-up stand with information leaflets and an opportunity for your colleagues to book on to one of our train the trainer workshops.
- Support you to create Peer a Education programme in your University or local community.
- Support you to organise a comprehensive gambling awareness day or week as part of your PSHE or enrichment curriculum.